Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Week Ago Yesterday

I no longer have finger nails left to bite and I can't stop eating. These are the things that I do when I worry. As we enter into the second week of recovery for Rich, I ask that you all keep praying. Symptons like low grade temps, body aches, chills and nausea continue to haunt him, and us loved ones around him are getting concerned.

We have an appointment tomorrow to see our primary care Dr. to have him looked at. As the neurosurgeon's nurse says, that although the symptoms of low temp and pink around the incision site are normal, it won't hurt to go in and confirm that he is okay and recovering normally.

I know that God does not want me to worry. The worry that I have is not of a spiritual nature but of a selfish one. I want my husband, the father to our children, to successfully survive this physical trial. I want to get back to normal living and continue on serving the Lord as ministers of the gospel in God's kingdom, here in Sioux Falls.

It does help for me to remember that we are only in the second week of at least a 3 month recovery process and that there have been bits of progress in between the setbacks. On Monday, Rich joined us all downstairs for an after-school Monster Truck party for Noah's 6th Birthday. He was even able to snap a few pictures from the sofa and watch our kindergartener have a great time with his new school buddies. It was wonderful.

1 comment:

Kingdomsaint said...

Rachel, I pray your faith grows beyond what you ever thought possible, for you and your husband. You both will be even better ministers after all this is over and your family will be at a new level of faith and shine in Jesus! We love you very much!